Become one of the moderators at the upcoming Naruto-Arena Forums by finishing the forum lay-out!
Follow the instructions in the document that can be found here.
First of all I'd like to thank the members that sent in a total of 100 proposals all together. This made the forum hierargy pretty clear for me. We will do some last modifications and create the desired sections, subsections before we release the forums.
Left open is the new ladder system. So far no one was able to send in the perfect solution, which is not strange. Me and Mark, being excellent former math students, have thought about the topic for a couple hours, but we were also not able to come with a solution that fully fits our desires.
Please note the following:
- We do not want a system with ladder resets.
- We always want an active ladder, no daily, monthly updates.
- The matching system will remain the same. You will battle other players closest to your current ranking, points (or predicted points?).
I do like to note some new specifications that we came across:
- Players are allowed to become better and should not (or at least not too much) have disadvantage of the losses in the time of when they were still a beginner/novice player.
- An inactive player should drop in the ladder.
- A new, very skilled player should increase in the ladder and get a very high rank quickly.
- Players should not have such a high score because they have been playing for a year (and thus have more wins).
- Losing as #1 from #2 should not instantly means a switch in ranking .
- There should be a penalty for losses.
- Assigning bonuses for Streaks can be done.
- And most important: The ladder should be based on skill.
Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We read every mail!.